This 170 plus hour Emergency Medical Technician (EMT- Basic) course includes all the skills necessary to provide emergency medical care at a basic life support level in accordance with the National Standard Curriculum and the guidelines set forth by the State of Connecticut. This exciting, yet demanding course will be taught through academic lecture, hands on demonstration, and practical application settings. Reading assignments and on-line training will be part of this program as well. Adults learn in different ways and must take responsibility for their own learning through goal setting, research and self-evaluation. The instructor is a facilitator of learning who provides objectives, resources, coaching, feedback and evaluation. Adults bring with them to the educational setting life experiences that can be drawn upon as a foundation for learning new information and skills.
Actively Volunteer at Seymour Ambulance for 1 year and Receive 50% Tuition Reimbursement. Actively Volunteer at Seymour Ambulance for a 2nd year and Receive remaining 50% Tuition Reimbursement.
- » Must be 16 by the last day of class.
- » Must have parental consent form signed if under the age of 18
- » Must submit to a criminal background check
- » Must submit to a motor vehicle check
- » A watch with a second hand
- » A 1” binder to organize all practical materials
- » 20 hours of clinical time (arranged by course coordinator)
- » Successful completion of SMART triage (provided in course)
- » Successful completion of NIMS 100, 200, 700, & 800 (done in course)
- » Successful completion of the EVOC driving course (done in course)
- » Successful completion of CPR for the HCP (done in course)
- » Signing and adhering to a course contract and code of conduct
- » Business casual attire for clinical rotations
- » Rubber sole shoes for class practicals and clinical locations
- » Signing a HIPAA agreement form for all clinical locations
- » AAOS Emergency Care for the Sick and Injured 10th ed (provided)
- » Internet access
- » Ability to lift 100 lbs
- » Stethoscope for all classroom sessions (provided in course)
- » Advanced registration with deposit
- » Flu vaccination may be required, speak with course coordinator