Seymour Ambulance Association is seeking qualified educators for upcoming EMR and EMT Classes.
These are per diem positions that report to the Training Coordinator.
Successful applicants shall meet the following qualifications as a minimum:
- Active State of Connecticut Emergency Medical Services Instructor certification
- Active State of Connecticut Emergency Medical Services EMT certification or higher
- Current AHA BLS Provider certification
- AHA BLS instructor is preferred
- NAEMSE Level 1 and/or 2 preferred
- Higher education credentials in education methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Have a minimum of two (2) years teaching EMS courses at the EMT or higher level
- Minimum experience is defined as teaching or educating for at least fifty (50) hours per year over the previous two years, verifiable by EMSI renewal logs or student evaluations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach assigned EMR and EMT courses following established course descriptions, course objectives, and syllabi.
- Plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives, and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines and maintain/assist with maintaining a working and up to date file on each student
- Teach courses at a variety of times (day or evening) and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Assist other instructors with lecture and practical stations as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
Please submit resumes by mail or email to:
Seymour Ambulance Association
Attn: Jeremiah Carrier
4 Wakeley St.
Seymour, CT 06483
The Seymour Ambulance Association is dedicated to helping to improve the quality of life for the residents and guests of the Town of Seymour.
Visit our website at